How we are working for religious liberty:
* By defending the freedom to have, or not to have, a personal religious belief; to maintain, to adopt, or to change one's religion or personal belief.
* By guarding the freedom to practice one's religious beliefs in private, in public, or in association with others whether in worship, in practice, in teaching, or in evangelistic dissemination.
* By arousing public opinion and gaining public support for religious liberty, the fundamental right which undergirds all human rights.
* By encouraging the concept of separation of church and state, and defending the church's ability to act without state interference.
* By upholding the principle of the free exercise of religion and opposing any private or government encroachment that tends to inhibit this principle.
* By taking action to eliminate religious discrimination in both public and private employment.
* By educating the public and government representatives through all appropriate means, including publications and media presentations, promoting awareness of the threats to principles of religious liberty.
* By supporting and aiding in the defense of religious rights and privileges.
* By engaging in research and education promoting religious freedom.
General Conference Department of Public Affairs and Religious Liberty - www.parl.gc.adventist.org
North America Religious Liberty Association - www.religiousliberty.info
International Religious Liberty Association - www.irla.org
Liberty Magazine www.libertymagazine.org
NARLA WEST - www.churchstate.org